Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Mt. Kearsarge (2,937 ft) 7-30-12

Distance: 2.47 mi.
Elevation: 1,237 ft
Time: 1:42
Trails: Barlow Trail, Winslow Trail

For the hike of Mt. Kearsarge I left work a bit early and headed to the mountain. It isn't that far out of my way while driving home. Knowing I would be getting done near sunset, I didn't take many pictures while heading up or down the trails. Mostly just at the summit area and view points along the trail.

The trails were pretty easy with the Winslow Trail being a bit steeper, but shorter, than the Barlow Trail. The hike goes by quick and has good views at the summit. Pretty good bang for your buck on this hike. I think I will go back again later when I have more time and I can explore the area more.
Ragged Mountain to the north

Open area near the summit

Cairn on the open summit area

Patterns made by the open summit rock

Towers and picnic area on the summit

For the entire gallery, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment