Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Mt. Monadnock (3,165 ft) 3-22-15

A few pictures from my hike up Mt. Monadnock on March 22, 2015. This was was first time back here in over a year and also my 75th trip to the summit. It was a gorgeous day with nice views. It was in the low 20's with a stiff wind, but that just made it more fun for me. I hiked up the Old Halfway House Trail to the White Arrow Trail. On the way down I descended the White Arrow Trail to the Amphitheater Trail. From there it was down the Smith Connecting Link to Bald Rock. Then down the Cliff Walk Trail to the Thoreau Trail and finally down the Old Halfway House Trail.

Going up the Old Halfway House Trail

Halfway House Site

Ice bulge on White Arrow Trail

Nearing the summit

Southwest view from summit

Pumpelly Ridge

Miles' first trip to the summit

Thoreau Rock

Thoreau Trail with no sign of previous traffic

For all the pictures from the hike, just go HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment